YOUTHBUILD JOB DEVELOPER
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, assess and develop relationships with employment opportunities for YouthBuild graduates, focusing on high-demand industries with the potential for placing YouthBuild students into employment, certificated vocational training programs, union apprenticeship programs, community colleges and universities.
- Refer and place 32-64 YouthBuild students into these programs, maintaining placement files and tracking students for at least one year after program graduation.
- Develop an Individual Service Plan ((ISP), detailing each student’s short and long term career goals as well as the strategies or steps to be used to obtain those goals.
- In consultation with the student and other YouthBuild staff, refer youth to the appropriate service, educational activity, training program or employment opportunity as needed.
- Teach a job readiness curriculum in the YouthBuild classroom
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or Social Services; Master’s degree preferred.
2. Three years experience in job development services working with at risk young adults.
3. Wisconsin Driver's License
Salary: $ 35,000 to $45,000, depending on qualifications and experience
Mail resume to: Executive Director, OIC of Racine County, 1020 Washington Avenue, Racine, WI 53403-1762 or send by email to: email@example.comTop of Form
GET TRAINED FOR BIG $$$
Are you between 18 and 24 years old?
Do you want to complete your GED or HSED?
Are you interested in learning green construction?
YouthBuild Racine GreenTech is a green construction training program that helps young adults complete their education and learn a high-wage green construction trade.
We are now recruiting for the 2010 group, on first-come, first-served basis.
Come to OIC at 1020 Washington Avenue, Racine, WI for an application form.
For more information, call (262) 636-3818. Call today.
YOUTHBUILD CONSTRUCTION TRAINER
To teach youth the skills necessary to do gut rehabilitation or construction on a house and to provide supportive guidance and encourage the development of their leadership skills.
1) In the absence of the construction manager, the construction trainer will be responsible for the construction site, maintain production safety, and interface with subcontractors and inspectors.
2) Teach carpentry skills including rough framing, roofing, drywall, and finish carpentry.
3) Teach the proper use and handling of hand tools, power tools, and other equipment.
4) Be responsible for overall safety enforcement.
5) Inform Construction Director about material needs for job site.
6) Complete job reports, tool checklist, attendance and submit to Construction Director.
7) Oversee the monitoring of YouthBuild trainees’ time on the construction site.
8) Keep track of all tools and equipment used on the job on a daily basis.
9) Assist in personal and vocational counseling and leadership development of trainees.
10) Oversee the evaluation of student knowledge and skills in construction.
11) Participate in community service projects.
12) Attend case management and other YouthBuild meetings as required by supervisor.
Five years experience in home construction. Experience working with young adults desirable.
Salary: $ 35,000 to $40,000, depending on qualifications and experience
Send resume to: Executive Director, OIC of Racine County, 1020 Washington Avenue, Racine, WI 53403-1762 or send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OIC of Racine County is an equal opportunity employer.
Minorities, women and the disabled are encouraged to apply.